Okaloosa County Commission Enacts Emergency Measures
- March 20, 2020
- / CBS18
- / Post Tags
With effect from Saturday, March 21, 2020, the Okaloosa Board of County Commissioners has enacted the following procedures:
- The county has, under the authority vested in it by the state, closed all public beaches.
- The county has also closed all access to the beaches, as well as beachfront parks and bathrooms.
- The county has closed parking areas for accessing public beaches. However, parking areas supporting restaurants will remain open.
- The county has closed the pier to all activities, with the exception of fishing.
- The county has suspended all beach vendor permits and crab island vendor permits.
- The county encourages all users of private beaches and Crab Island to follow CDC guidelines and keep groups smaller than 10 people.